Friday, September 26, 2008

So ready for the weekend!

I haven't had a full weekend off since Labor Day, so I am very excited for this weekend :) I worked and Ryan had class yesterday, and Ethan hung out at Mammaw's. She cooked us all dinner so that was nice to get off and not have to cook dinner! We hung out for a bit and then headed home, got Ethan ready for bed, and sat down to watch the season premiere of Grey's Anatomy!! I was so tired, I fell asleep halfway through it. That is pretty bad!

Same routine today! Ryan and I met up after work/class for a mini-date and walked around the mall and split a Cinnabon. We picked up some cute soft-soled tennis shoes for Ethan at Children's Place, they were only around $4, so a very good deal! We didn't have any tennis shoes yet for fall/winter so that worked out great. They are having an extra 30% off their sale items!



We went to pick up Ethan at Mammaw's, and then went to check out a few thrift stores. For some reason I have been wanting to see what they have! We checked out Papaw's favorite store, the Valley Thrift, and found a few very nice pieces of clothing for Ethan (Lands End corduroy overalls, a few Children's Place Pieces, and a cute romper from Gymboree) for less than $10! Kids clothing costs SO much regular price, I think we will be doing second hand for most of his things. It just makes more sense. We also went to Goodwill at our old Thriftway stomping grounds. It was very odd to walk in there and see our meeting place transformed. It was pretty junky and the items didn't seem as nice there, which surprised me. We told Ethan all about the place where Mommy and Daddy met!

We picked up Richard's on the way home, ate and put Ethan to bed, and finished up Grey's Anatomy. I'm a little disappointed in the episode as a season opener, but there were some interesting twists and turns so we will see how the season pans out!

No comments: