Friday, September 19, 2008

He's on the move... time to babyproof!

Ethan and I hung out this morning at home while Ryan went to school. I love days like this when we don't have anything in particular that we have to do, and we can just hang out at home. I got his mesh feeder out and he had almost an entire banana in it. He went to town on it and kept wanting more! He made a huge mess all over his hands and face, but he did really well and I could tell he thoroughly enjoyed it!! After breakfast, he took a 2 hour nap! After he woke up, I got him dressed and he played on the floor with his toys while I finished getting ready. Mammaw came over and we hung out for a little bit. She was sitting on the steps and Ethan crawled right over to her and he pulled himself standing on the first step. Looks like we will need to invest in a gate sooner than we thought! He is crawling all over downstairs, and he kept heading straight toward the fireplace tools. I took them to the dining room so we could move them to the basement, and when I came back less than a minute later, he was reaching to pull over the candles, so those are gone too. Baby safety is way more important than decor!! I think we'll spend Sunday afternoon doing more babyproofing. He is loving to crawl through any tight spaces he can fit himself into, and I want to get all the plugs downstairs covered with our new plug covers since the old ones stink! We went to Red Robin for lunch and Ethan ate some potato, and flirted with all the waitresses. He is seriously cheesing it up!

Ryan worked outside mowing the lawn and trimming the creek and around the yard, and I made breakfast for dinner. Ethan sat up in his highchair while I was cooking, and we worked on some more banana. I tried giving him some small cut up pieces, but they were pretty difficult for him to pickup since they got mushy in his fingers. So I just cut it up into pieces and fed him with a spoon, and he did great! He ate a whole banana again. This was really his first experience with a solid food other than puffs! He did great!

We went to Once Upon a Child to return the monkey costumes since they're too small - I'm on the watch for a 6-12 months monkey costume! We went on a good day - they had 12 and 18 months clothing Buy 3, Get 1 Free, plus I had a $5 off $25 coupon, so we got Ethan some 12 months clothing since we didn't have hardly anything for fall. We got some very nice, cute things!

We stopped at Coldstone on the way home for my free birthday ice cream (seriously... you must sign up for birthday emails!) and discovered a pleasant surprise! My favorite ice cream used to be their peanut butter ice cream (other than the seasonal pumpkin) and they got rid of it. I was so mad! Well, I walked in and they have Nutter Butter ice cream now! It tasted pretty similar, so I was very happy to get my fix :)

Ryan would also like to give a shoutout to Governor Strickland and President Bush for the unemployment extension :) This will give him some time to finish his networking certification over the next few weeks and then dive into the job search!

No comments: