Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sick day

I called work last night to let them know I wouldn't be in today, and the scheduler told me he had the flu a few weeks ago and it sounded just like me. Lovely! Then someone from the office managed to call me and leave a message that they "desperately" need me to come in for 12 hours on Friday. The way I am feeling, I'll be lucky to go in for my day shift on Saturday... there is no way I can go in Friday!

I just rested at home today, and Mammaw brought Ethan home around 2. He was asleep when he got home, and after he woke up from his nap he loved on me and gave me lots of hugs, which made me feel better :) We went across the street to get some soup and salad at Applebee's and Ethan fed himself some chunks of bread, he did good biting off pieces himself! We weren't sure if he would cram the whole thing in his mouth, and he did not :)

Ryan took us for a drive since the weather was nice - it was nice to get out of the house and get some fresh air, and just to be able to relax and kick my feet back in the car. Ethan napped while we were driving. We stopped by Bigg's and got a very pretty mum for the porch (only 3.99!) and headed home. Donald and Franni came over and she cooked dinner for us, which was awesome!! To say the least, I have not felt like cooking. We had salad, rosemary pork loin, and yummy mashed potatoes. Ethan sat up in his high chair and ate some penne casserole cubes, and after we started eating he seemed to want more so he had some of Franni's mashed potatoes and loved them! We had fun hanging out and chatting, and the boys loved playing together of course.

I checked my temp before going to bed and I'm back at 101. I started some antibiotics tonight too. I hate being sick!

No comments: