Sunday, November 9, 2008

Mr. Sneaky

One week since the time change. I was so nervous before, because our routine was so working for us and my work schedule. Ethan goes down around 8:30ish at night and usually sleeps until 8 or so the next morning. Well, bedtime and wake times have managed to be okay, but he's been waking up in the early morning again, but now around 4 or 4:30, which stinks :( It's too early to stay up, but then by the time I doze back to sleep my alarm goes off. Alas, my baby boy needs me, and I would rather nurse him to comfort him back to sleep than for him to stay awake. Hopefully he will start sleeping all the way through the night again soon! I think I am more tired this week than him! I'm glad that the time change didn't throw him off too much though.

Ethan did sleep in this morning until around 9:30 or so. He's usually up much earlier so we didn't set the alarm. Since we got up so late, we got ready and tried to put Ethan down for his morning nap, which he has been protesting some days... according to what I've read, it's normal around this age to sometimes drop the morning nap, so we are seeing how things go. After we got ready, we went for a drive and Ethan conked out in the car. Then we went to IHOP for breakfast... Ryan was craving the coffee cake pancakes they've been advertising. Ethan was such a good boy and ate really well - he had some pancake, ham, apples, and hashbrowns. He is doing really great with table foods! We went walking around Voice of America for a bit and then came home and hung out together.

Ethan is getting sneaky now. He LOVES cruising around downstairs checking everything out. Well, he was playing in the family room by Ryan and I was over in the kitchen making a snack. His usual barricades were setup and he was happy and content. All of a sudden, I see him poking through the side of the couch in this little opening between the couch and the end table. Mr. Sneaky found his way through and crawled right over to me! LOL! Ryan and I were cracking up.

No comments: