Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Can't nobody hold me down, oh no, I've got to keep on movin'...

Days at home are so nice :) It seems like we are always out running around doing something or another, and the happiest days for me seem to be when the three of us can just stay home and relax! Ethan and I got up and played for a bit, he ate homemade applesauce and oatmeal for breakfast, and then we made some cinnamon rolls for me and Daddy. Ethan went down for his morning nap super easy and I woke Ryan up after he slept in with the tempting thoughts of warm cinnamon rolls and his favorite Fresh Market blend brewing downstairs :) We just spent the day hanging out together and cleaning the house. Ethan, however, does not like to be contained. We were working on cleaning the dining room and kitchen and had some barricades setup around the family room to block him in. No matter what toys we gave him, he stood at the base of the barricade and howled for us to come get him. He always wants to be part of the action!! After we finished cleaning, Ryan played some Rock Band on his new 360. I even went upstairs and brought Ethan some toys to play with from his closet, which he doesn't see much. You would think having his own guitar and maracas to play music with dad would be super entertaining for him? Oh, no... he wants to be at mom's feet in the kitchen 'supervising' my cooking skills and trying to get into everything! I love my little boy. He is much more entertained by doors, the refrigerator, and the dishwasher rack. Why do we buy him toys?

Ethan had his first taste of one of those Zwieback toasts today. Who in the world names these kid snacks? Anyways, he really enjoyed it! I thought he would make a huge mess, but really it was just smeared on his face. He went to town and loved it!

No comments: