Saturday, November 8, 2008

Fun day with Grandma

Grandma came over today to play with Ethan while Ryan went to school since Grandpa Jim was sick. Ethan was so excited when she came in, and he did not want anything to do with Daddy once she got there! They had lots of fun playing and he did good with his morning nap. After Daddy got home, Ethan did not want to take his afternoon nap, so they went for a drive and he fell asleep in the car. They went over to Grandma's for Ryan to get a haircut. I had a pretty good day at work, and came home to a tidy house and dinner finished and ready to eat! That was a very pleasant surprise :) We tried to eat dinner, but Ethan was being Mr. Crankypants and wanted to nurse and go to sleep, so we wrapped up dinner so he could get to bed. He dozed off after nursing, so we cuddled for a bit before laying him down to sleep. I really cherish the time at the end of the day with him!

Something a little funny... whenever I come home from work, Ethan freaks out when I go out of his sight. If I go to the bathroom, he has to go with me or he wails. He will sit on the floor next to me and loves to play with the door... he could seriously sit there and open and close the door, and chase after it, for a long time. We are always right there so he doesn't smash his fingers, but he absolutely loves playing with the doors. I was thinking maybe we should get him one of those Fisher Price Learning Kitchens since it has a refrigerator door, but our luck, he wouldn't like that door, and would just keep going for the real ones!

No comments: